Dvir GallerySince its foundation in 1982, Dvir Gallery has specialized in local and international contemporary art, representing around forty artists.
Motivated by a sheer desire to introduce cutting-edge voices of contemporary art, Dvir Gallery's curatorial program invites the audiences to view local and international artists who create in a wide range of artistic forms. The gallery's represented artists come from different generations and diverse geographies. Our gallery puts upfront the production and promotion of their artists and their work for each show, emphasizing a close dialogue to the artists development and their position in the contemporary art scene.
2013 marked a turning point in the gallery's history as we combined our 3 separate spaces in Tel Aviv to a 5-story building, the first of its kind in Israel.
In 2016 we've expanded our gallery and opened our Brussels branch at the Rue de la Régence 67, a cultural-hub of different international galleries.
Tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Press clips and packages: scanning and formatting press clips as well as preparing physical packages and presentations.
- Assisting in organizing the physical and online press archive
- Maintaining information about gallery artists on the gallery website
- Cross-referencing and fact-checking the weekly events and exhibitions calendar
- Helping with general research for available inventory (for example: search the gallery’s archive as well as the internet for exhibitions and literature references pertaining to a particular work; help research comparative works)
- Requesting and organizing exhibition checklists for the archive
- Uploading updated fact sheets for available inventory to the gallery’s database and iPad specific applications.
DAILY GALLERY TASKS:
- Preparing of PDF's and Portfolios of the Artists for special requests
- Preparing / Organizing for the several international Art Fairs (FIAC, ART BASEL, ARCO, ART Düsseldorf)
- Communication via Phone and/or Email with clients
- Preparation of Invoices of Art Sales
- Preparations of exhibitions
- PR/Communication of the exhibition
Qualified candidates should be extremely organized, have high attention to detail, superior time management, as well as knowledge of, and experience with Photoshop, Adobe, Excel and image editing software. Qualifications also include the ability to effectively communicate in person, phone and email.
Good communication in French and English is a must.
The successful candidate should have an eager to learn new skills and to implement himself into the daily organization of the gallery.
We are looking for a candidate that has a great interest in the field of contemporary Art.
No gallery experience is required but can be a plus.
We offer a nice work environment, very central in the city of Brussels.
The internship is an excellent opportunity to learn from experts in the field of contemporary art and a great preparation for a career in the international cultural field. The successful candidate will be able to earn new skills within the gallery world and the production of exhibitions and projects of some of the biggest artists in the current art field.
Contactpersoon: Julia ReistReageren voor: 10/11/2018
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include internship Dvir Gallery Brussels in the subject line.